We recommend you ferment this beer at lager temperatures. Otherwise use an ale yeast and warmer temperatures if it is easier for you.
This beer is based on one of Matty’s ‘mad scientist’ brews.
Grist make up: JW Pilsner Signature 84%, Flaked Rice 16%.
- Start with a clean and sanitised fermentation vessel
- Decant FWK drum into fermenter and aerate wort
- Add 3 litres of sanitary water at room temperature to bring volume to 20L if desired (individual brewer may choose to reduce water volume to alter starting gravity and ABV)
- Pitch yeast as per instructions
- Add dry hop near or at end of fermentation, dry hop approximately 3 days before bottling or kegging.
- Once fermentation is complete crash chill if desired then bottle/keg, carbonate and condition
Hops included with kit: Simcoe, Cascade, Chinook.